• We believe that if you are reading this, you are already beginning to move in a positive direction on the path to working through your issues or problems.
• We think every individual, couple or family has the potential to make the necessary positive changes that will lead to more peace, happiness, enjoyment, and satisfaction with life and relationships.
• When you choose counseling with one of our counselors, you will be choosing a collaborative process in which the individual, couple, or family is an active participant with the counselor.
• Most of our clients complete treatment within 10 to 20 sessions. However, we are trained to provide both short and long-term psychotherapy as the needs of each individual situation vary.
• We strive to find the best fit of interventions for each client based on our 20+ years of experience in helping adults, teens and children.
• We are providers for many insurance carriers, but we also believe insurance companies are not counseling professionals and should not decide the course of your treatment. We are glad to work out payment plans if you need to continue treatment beyond what your insurance benefits will allow.
• We believe it is important to provide a comfortable and safe environment for you to work on personal issues. Most people tell us they feel at ease when they enter our office for the first time because it has a peaceful “home-like” feel.
• We understand that your time is also valuable, so you can expect us to be on-time or very close to it for your appointment (except in the case of occasional emergencies).
• When working with couples and families, we often employ a combination of individual and couples / family counseling. We also understand it is not always practical for both partners or parents to participate, and believe that progress can be made even if one individual works on their issues.
• Although we do not minimize the help that medication can provide, we do believe that it is possible to make significant progress without immediately referring for medication or without solely relying on medication.
• Though we believe in our abilities, training, and experience, we also understand that we may not be the therapist for everyone in every situation. We will be glad to help you find the right place to do the work you need to do whether it is with one of us, or another professional.